Queen of Bone 2 (King of Tone™ 18v clone) PCB
Inspired by the King of Tone™ dual Marshall Bluesbreaker circuit – but with 18v charge pump onboard. Two overdrives in one pedal – great on their own or stacked. Uses standard 9VDC and steps up internally to 18V. Includes 3PDT breakout board for easy wiring. Sweet.
You found it! The Queen of Bone 2 dual overdrive PCB is in stock and shipping now.
The original QUEEN of BONE was one of our most popular DIY projects, and for good reason. We took the concept of the boutique King of Tone™ dual Bluesbreaker circuit and added an added an onboard 18V charge pump for increased headroom and clarity. Even better, the 18V charge-pump option is built in, meaning more headroom and clarity…and is still powered by a normal 9v DC (Boss Style) pedal power supply.
So how did the QUEEN of BONE 2 become even better? Let’s see:
- Detailed build video with helpful tips and tricks for a successful build
- Now includes a “snap-off” 3PDT daughterboard for easiest wiring ever!
- Onboard charge pump is always at 17V-18V
- Internal DIP switch (which allows clipping selections) is now a 4 gang
- Everything mounts to the PCB except the DC jack and IN/OUT jacks
- All jacks are top mounted to save pedalboard space
- Two choices where to install your LED
- Easier to populate and build due to revised PCB layout
The QUEEN of BONE 2 DIY PCB board is essentially is designed to be mounted in a Hammond 1590BB size enclosure and uses a 3PDT footswitch for TRUE BYPASS on each overdrive side. A common example is to set one side for a clean-ish boost and the other dirty; Then cascade the clean into the dirty side. If you ever have run two overdrives back to back, this is how it works. You can use the clean itself, the dirty itself, or both for tons of gain. The possibilities are nearly endless with the internal DIP switch diode selection and internal presence trimmer controls.
The QUEEN of BONE 2 was designed with the DIY pedal maker in mind for the best building and playing experience possible. Order yours today!